We specialize in your needs!
From antiques and furniture to glass, porcelain, art, and collectibles, S&S Auction is your one-stop shop for buying and selling antiques. Click here to preview auction items.
Don’t miss our big auction every other Monday!
S&S Auction holds a live auction every other Monday year round. Tucked comfortably inside our all-weather showroom, each sale boasts over 6,000 high-quality items ranging from box lots to antique furniture to 20th century Modern Design. With 36 sales per year, there’s something for everyone, every sale day at S&S Auction. Click here to view our auction calendar.
By combining friendly, one-on-one service with a team of experienced specialists and unparalleled marketing reach, S&S Auction gives sellers and buyers alike an unforgettable auction experience. Experience S&S Auction for yourself, today!
Frequently Asked Questions
S&S Auction is conveniently located in southern New Jersey at Exit 14 off interstate 295, minutes from the New Jersey turnpike, all Philadelphia bridges and the Philadelphia Airport.
- From Walt Whitman Bridge: 676 East to 295 South. Exit 14 then turn left.
- From Commodore Barry: 322 East to 295 North. Exit 14 then turn left.
- From Delaware Memorial Bridge: 295 North to Exit 14 then turn left.
- From NJ Turnpike: Exit 2 (Route 322). 322 West to 295 North. Exit 14 then turn left.
S&S Auction maintains a clean, permanent, all-weather facility in which auctions are held every other Monday, year round.
S&S Auction holds auctions every other Monday, all year round. Auctions begin at 8:00AM and run throughout the day. Previews are held the Sunday before auction Monday, 11AM to 3PM. Click here to view our auction calendar.
Consignments are accepted Monday through Friday 9AM to 4PM. Auction preview hours are held the Sunday preceding auction Monday from 11AM to 3PM. Monday auctions begin at 8AM and run throughout the day.
Potential bidders must present a photo id, tax exemption form (if applicable) and a deposit in the form of a check, cash, or credit card at registration to receive a bidding number. S&S Auction sales are all live events, taking place in our gallery. The auctioneer will announce the current bid and you raise your hand to make your bid. Continue to do so until you are the only bidder remaining. The auctioneer will call out sold and your buyer number to indicate when bidding is closed.
Click here to download an absentee bid form. Please make sure the bid form is filled out to
completion. All bid forms that are not filled out to completion will not be executed. Once filled out completely please email to email@example.com or fax to 856-467-5578. Bid requests must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the sale.
S&S Auction issues an invoice representing the total due at hammer + buyer’s premium + NJ sales tax 7% (if applicable) will be issued and is due the day of the sale. Items being shipped out of state by a licensed commercial shipper are not subject to the 7% New Jersey sales tax.
S&S Auction accepts cash, checks (with proper ID), Mastercard, Visa, Discover, Travelers Checks.
Our computerized office tracks purchases and sales throughout the auction period. Our experienced staff is available to assist you with any questions before, during, and after a sale. Feel free to contact us.
S&S Auction issues an uncatalogued buyer’s premium of 15% for all in-house bidders cash or check ONLY. A handling fee of 2.5% will be added to all phone, absentee and credit card purchases.
S&S Auction issues a catalogued buyer’s premium of 20% for all bidders including internet, phone and absentee. Dealers must present a hard copy of their Tax Exemption Certificate at the time of purchase in order to be declared tax exempt. This may be a New Jersey Tax Exemption Certificate or one from the state in which you do business.
S&S Auction requires your purchases be paid for in full the day of the sale and removed no later than the Friday after the sale. All catalogued merchandise left after the Friday following the sale will be sent to 3 Little Men Inc. of Frenchtown, NJ (917) 525-5595. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer, S&S Auction does not handle packing or shipping. Please download our shippers information for a list of shippers who have worked with S&S Auction buyers in the past and can provide quotes for the packing and shipping of your property.
Prior to accepting a consignment, S&S Auction will examine your property to determine if it’s appropriate for sale, and if so, can provide an estimate of fair market value. These evaluations are free of charge and can be conducted in several ways:
- Photographs can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include all of your contact information. We will review the information and you will receive a timely response.
- If you prefer to stop in and bring your merchandise, one of our specialists will examine your property with you. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Qualifying consignment merchandise can be dropped off any day Monday through Friday from 9AM to 4PM, except for auction sale days.
Payment for uncatalogued merchandise can be picked-up or mailed, however specified by the consignee, on the Thursday following the sale.
Selling Price: Less than $100.00 – Commission: 15%
Selling Price: More than $100.00 – Commission: 10%
- "I have been buying merchandise from S & S Auction for many years. Not only do I find great buys and one of a kind merchandise, but the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful." - Joe B.
- "S & S Auction has a great owner and staff. They not only work hard for their sellers but have great values for their buyers. A great auction to attend and always a good time." - Dan C.
- "S & S staff and company are by far the best I have ever dealt with. Everyone I speak with is friendly and knowledgeable. I have purchased from other auction houses in the past and they are nowhere as close to the quality and professionalism as their staff has. Looking forward to bidding with S & S in the future." - Michelle L.